Application of PETROZENE
- Typically Petrozene™ is applied directly on the surface of the built up paraffins, asphaltenes and other hydrocarbons to eliminate the build up
- It can also be added into the oil or hydrocarbon blend being transported to eliminate such build up or prevent it in the first place.
- The high specific gravity means Petrozene™ will layer between the transported oil and the residue build up enhancing and prolonging the effectiveness of Petrozene™
- Some agitation can be helpful to speed up the process. This can happen during transport, while with storage a small pump can be used
- In applications with direct staff interaction requiring a higher safety level, Petrozene™ with a higher flashpoint can be used
Consult our representatives for specific volumes and applications.
Typical use for primary applications are as follows:
Whenever the well is below the desired output, the following procedure can be performed:
- Pull well down until it is at the perforation or as low as it can pull it down.
- Pour the specified amount of Petrozene™ down the casing.
- Pour oil down casing after Petrozene™ to make sure that the Petrozene™ is flushed all the way down to the bottom of the well.
- Pressurize the well with Nitrogen to force the Petrozene™ into the formation.
- Allow the formation and well to soak for at least 48 hours based on the well.
- After soaking, recirculate the well for 24 hours to allow the Petrozene™ to clean the tubing, sucker rod and the annulus.
- Once recirculation time is complete, return to normal operations.
Production yield improvements in wells of 25% to 30% are not uncommon after using Petrozene™. To maintain the rate of production the process may be repeated every 2 to 3 months, depending on the well size and type of crude.
For most transportation applications, Petrozene is introduced directly into the vehicle and breaks down the paraffin and asphaltene build up while the vehicle is in operation:
- Petrozene should be added to the vehicle (tanker truck, rail car, barge) at a volume to be specified based on the size of the vehicle.
- The Petrozene can be introduced while the vehicle is empty (other than the sludge buildup) or full.
- In the course of the journey to or from the load out point the Petrozene will dissolve and emulsify the sludge.
- When the vehicle is filled with crude, the dissolved/emulsified mixture will be mixed with the crude.
- The agitation caused by the vehicle in motion provides for adequate mixing
- Upon arrival at the refinery or other load out point, the crude oil can be drained with the sludge and Petrozene dissolved in. As hydrocarbon based products, these should not cause problems during the load out
Petrozene may also be added periodically into vehicles as a preventative to avoid significant build up of sludges over time.
Petrozene has been shown to clean storage tanks, even with unmaintained buildup of heavy sludges of over 15 years. Some agitation helps to speed up the process, as follows:
- To clean tank bottom pull tank down to 1 or 2 ft of oil.
- Apply the specified amount of Petrozene, depending on the size of the tank and the type of crude normally stored in the tank
- Circulate oil or roll the tank with air or dry ice for 2 to 3 hours (depending on the size of the tank) to increase the contact efficiency with the bottom sediment.
- Circulation can be done with a simple sparge blowing air into the oil using compressed air.
- The Petrozene can be applied without circulation but will likely take a significantly longer period of time to dissolve the buildup
- The sludge, mixed with the oil and Petrozene, can then be drained out of the storage tank.
If introduced in a refinery or similar setting, the Petrozene may also be used to clean out flow lines by recirculating it through the flow lines to the tank, or simply in a loop, over a 24 hour period.
Petrozene has been shown in tests to be effective down to 0 F, but at lower rates of dissolution. It may take twice as long to dissolve the paraffin build up at 0 F versus 65 F, for example. Heating the Petrozene before use to 85 F may help in any application to speed up the rate of dissolution.